5th Annual IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open
Registration now open!
Carroll High School
3701 Carroll Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46818
Registration and weigh-Ins
- Enter in door 13(see map below) for weigh-ins
- Saturday September 6th from 6:00-9:00 pm
*Note: If you do not make your registered weight class you will be subject to a $10 weight change fee. You may change your weight class until September 3, 2014 at 11:30pm on TrackWrestling or by emailing Joe Caprino at joe@Indianamat.com
- Sunday September 7th from 7:00-7:30 am with prior registration and notification
*Note: You MUST preregister and will NOT be able to change weight classes if you weigh-in on Sunday morning. If you are going to weigh-in on Sunday please contact Joe Caprino at joe@Indianamat.com to notify him of your intentions by September 3, 2014. If you do not do this you will NOT be allowed to participate.
- No Satellite Weigh-ins
$30 Registration by September 3rd at 11:30pm EST
$40 at the door
*No membership card is required to wrestle
You may pay online by credit card or at the door. Note that if you pay at the door we will only accept cash.
Enter in door #16(see map below)
Adults $10 per person
Students/Seniors(over 60) $5
Coaches free ***See Coaches Registration below for qualifications***
Under 5 free
Coaches will receive a free coaching pass with Photo ID and one of the following:
- Membership card from your state’s Coaches’ Association valid from the 2013-14 or 2014-15 season
- USA Wrestling Coach’s Card valid from the 2013-14 or 2014-15 season (note – this must be an actual USAW yearly membership, NOT the copper or bronze certification card)
- AAU Wrestling Coach’s Card valid from the 2013-14 or 2014-15 season
These membership cards listed above are the ONLY ones that will be accepted. Coaches who do not meet the above criteria can still obtain a coaches wristband with general admission.
You will not be allowed onto the competition area without a coaches wristband!
High School: Students currently enrolled in 7th-12th grades
High School: Top 3 will receive medals and the top 4 will qualify for Super 32 early entry
-Wrestling will take place on Sunday September 7th, 2014
-Wrestling will begin promptly at 9am for the high school division
-Wrestling will take place in two gyms
High School: 109, 116, 123, 129, 135, 141, 148, 155, 163, 173, 185, 198, 223, 288
-Wrestlers in 7th-12th grade may participate in the high school division
-Double elimination wrestle-backs to 4th place
-Period lengths 2-1-1 Championship 1-1-1 Consolation
-Overtime will be 1 minute sudden victory neutral and 30 second rideout
-We will seed 4-12 wrestlers so please include your state or national credentials when registering
*Note: You must be preregistered to be seeded.
-2013/2014 NFHS rules will be utilized, except the overtime modification
-Wrestling will be on full mats
-Singlet is required
-College out of bounds rules will be utilized in both divisions.
Northwest Allen County Schools is a tobacco free environment. If anyone is found to be using tobacco of any kind during the tournament they will be asked to leave and thus forfeit their tournament entry or gate admission.
We will now offer a special college coaches package for $40. Please follow this link to preregister in advance.
You may pay in advance or pay if you are not attending the event and want the entry database using this button
The package will include:
- Registration list of all high school aged wrestlers with name, address, grade, weight and accomplishments*
- Admission to the tournament and floor access for up to two coaches
- Tournament Brackets
Additional coaches from the same school are $10.
*Tournament entry information will be sent the next week and will have all high school aged wrestlers that opted to have information released to coaches.
General Information regarding Early Entry Qualifying Tournaments
For more information go to Super32.com
- All questions regarding registration and any other information specific to a particular tournament should be directed to the tournament director of that site
- Top 4 placers in each tournament (High School division only) qualify for EARLY ENTRY into the Super 32. Here’s how it will work:
- If you place at the tournament, you will be asked by the tournament director to provide your name and email address. Make sure you write very clearly because this is how we will be contacting you!
- You will be able to register online beginning the day after your qualifying tournament. There will be a specific online entry form designated for qualifiers, you must use this form!!
- Early Registration will run through midnight on Saturday, Sept 20.
- You must register during this time window or you will lose your preferred status and will have to wait until regular registration opens
- IMPORTANT TO NOTE: these tournaments qualify you for early registration. They do not guarantee your entry into the tournament. If you do not take advantage of the early registration opportunity, you will have to wait and register during regular registration, and you might miss the entry cutoff
- These qualifying tournaments are for early entry. It is not required to wrestle in a qualifying tournament in order to wrestle in the Super 32
- You are not required to wrestle the same weight class in the Super 32 that you wrestle in the qualifying tournament
- The entry fee for the qualifying tournaments is $30. Some tournaments will have an additional fee for late registration, walk-ins. These additional fees are at the discretion of the tournament director
- You may wrestle in more than one qualifying tournament
- If you are already qualified for early entry into the Super 32 based on other criteria (Super 32 placer, State Finalist, Fargo All-American, etc) you may still compete in the qualifying tournament. If someone who is already qualified places in the top 4, there will be no additional wrestlers to qualify (ie, if a state champion places 1st in the qualifying tournament, this does not mean that the wrestler who places 5th qualifies)
- As with the Super 32, no membership card is required to wrestle in the qualifying tournaments
Carroll High School Map
IHSAA Rules Regarding Coaching at the IHPO
15-2 During School Year Out-of-Season
15-2.1 Individual Sports (Cross Country, Golf, Gymnastics, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Wrestling)
a. Students may participate in non-school contests as individuals or as members of a non-school team in non-school contests provided that participation during school time is approved by the school principal or his/her designee.
b. Coaches, from a member school coaching staff, may coach students in that sport if NOT under the organization, supervision and operation of the member school.
c. Member schools may not organize, supervise or operate athletic practices or interschool athletic contests.
d. Member schools may not provide school-owned uniforms (jerseys, shirts, shorts, pants, singlets, or swimsuits, etc.) worn by the student in non-school contests.