This is the section where you will find out where Indiana high...
Toe to Joe with Josh Harper
The second Toe to Joe this week is with three-time state champion Josh Harper of Mishawaka. Harper is looking to become only the eighth four-time state champion in Indiana history this season.
1. How did you get started wrestling and how many years have you been wrestling?
My brother wrestled so I joined a club in Springfield, Illinois in second grade.
2. What other interests/hobbies/sports do you participate in outside of wrestling?
I’m in Stay In Bounds and I love having fun with friends.
3. Who is the toughest wrestler you have faced and why?
Tough question, probably Frankie Porras or Cashe Quiroga because I wrestle them a lot.
4. Looking forward to college, what excites you the most about wrestling for Michigan State and in the Big 10?
DI, toughest conference, everyone is good, its true competition
5. What state title is the one you cherish the most?
Winning my freshman year
6. What is the most memorable match you have wrestled and why?
Pinning John Sims to seal the win for our Team State title.
7. You’re in the third period in the state finals going for title #4 and down by one point with 30 seconds left and on your feet, what move are you going to hit to bring home title #4?
Tough question, I have a go-to move from a lot of different ties. It depends on who I’m wrestling I suppose.
8. Who is the most influential person in your life? Why?
Probably LeRoy Vega. My friends and family have played a big role in who I am today as well.
9. Do you have any superstitions or routines when it comes to wrestling?
I like to get relaxes before my match so my head is clear. I always have some song in my head the entire time I’m wrestling.
10. What makes wrestling so great?
It’s one on one, no excuses. There is no one to blame but yourself. Plus, chicks dig wrestlers, but most of all it’s that burning desire to compete to win.